Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Vom "Live At Mabuhay Gardens 1978" & "Live At Surf City 7 inch"





Blah blah all stars Vom formed in '76, featuring Richard Meltzer, Greg Turner, Mike Saunders, Dave Guzman, Lisa Brenneis and Phil Koehn. Abbreviated, short and to the point like their name, Vom (short for Vomit) had enthralling live shows that included throwing cow parts, food and various edible condoms at the audience to incite riots and/or create a reaction. The members of this group knew their shit and were all respected in the rock scene. With tracks like "I'm In Love Your Mom" and "Electrocute Your Cock" it was no wonder they took L.A. by punk storm. Check out videos on youtube.

I ripped this from my own cassette and 7", the cassette is of a live show at Mabuhay Gardens 2.24.78. I tried to do my best with improving the sound, keep in mind the tape is over 30 years old. The other is their classic 7 inch "Live At Surf City". Greg Turner along with Mike Sanders would form Angry Samoans in '78, they also played a few Vom tunes.


File Under ;;; Surf And Tough Turf



7" Tracklist:


1] I'm In Love With Your Mom
2] Electrocute Your Cock
3] Too Animalistic
4] Punkmobile
5] God Save The Whales


Mabuhay Gardens Tracklist:

1] My Eyes Have Seen You
2] Louie Louie
3] No Surf Commies
4] Have My Baby
5] Broads Are Equal
6] Pogo Child
7] Punkmobile
8] Dare To Be Dumb
9] (I Am) The Son Of Sam
10] Gimme Nothin'
11] I'm In Love With Your Mom




Vom - Mediafire

**OR**

Vom - Megaupload

**OR**

Vom - Rapidshare

No comments:

Post a Comment